martes, octubre 31, 2006

What would I do if I wanted to win the elections?

First, and most important: overconfidence is a huge flaw. It is better to overestimate the opponents than subestimate them, and fail miserably.

Second: keep as friendly as possible with the media. Never mind if they seem to be hostile, I have to spread my message through these people, whether I like them or not.

Third: spread my message in every possible media, TV, radio, fliers, newspaper, everything is good.

(1)TV: buy some space to spread my message, 30 minutes twice a week would be nice. Tell people what I want to accomplish, bring some guests, etc. It would be good to have political chats between people who share the same political goals.

(2)Radio: then buy radio space and have a little chat with the voters. This radio space could be used to retransmit the TV program.

(3)Newsletter: it would be helpful to have a monthly publication, publish historical facts, what's news today, my point of view on political issues, facts that people should know, give people a printed summary of the TV show.

(4)Internet: create a well done homepage, with a blog. Never be “El Cheapo” about this, it doesn't have to be extremely expensive either. It can be very helpful to spread my message; people could download historical documents, news facts, jingles, publicity photos. If the web provider allows it, people could also have an email account at yourname@friendlypolitics.org . It may sound silly, but is fun for some people, and good for me.

The most important thing: show people that I really want to improve their lives, show people I really care about them and their wellbeing.

I would do that if I were planning to run for office. But I am not. So, what’s the point in writing this?

For one thing, our politicians have to convince us that we will be winners alongside with them. They are our governing professionals. When they win, we should all be winners knowing that the land is in good hands.

Their job is to improve our lives, not the other way around.


Google Groups Suscribirse a perspectivaestadista
Correo electrónico:
Ver archivos en groups.google.com.pr